Sunday, October 29, 2006

Fashion Tip of the Week .49

So ive finally made my decision on what i wanna do with my blog, but imma wait till my 50th post to let you know what that is (but you still have the chance to sway my decision)...hmmm what is it?!

Im almost at 3000 views! I need 52 more views and I need 8 more comments!!! Come help me out this week! Post like crazy! Spread the word of my blog! For the amount of people that normally read my blog, I am truly honored by the strong response that I've received. Thank you.

Fashion Tip of the Week #49: So Im trying to wait to give you guys a spring preview until it hits like mid-end November because spring is so far away. Now a lot of my girls know that im not big on dresses over jeans. But layering is in this season and is taking on a new version of layering. So ladies, this is addendum to my "Rules of layering" blog (fashion tip #16).

My Rules:

#11- Shirts with an empire cut that stops at the hips gives the dress over jeans effect.

#12- Mix different fabrics to give a textured look

#13- Deconstructed layers are always a plus, they fill in parts that the other layers didnt cover

#14- Belts are accessories, not layers!

#15- If you intend on wearing a coat or sweater, half-button or half-zip it up. Remember, the point of layers is to show off those layers, not hide them behind something.

Featured Item of the Week: Remember that horrendous trend in which every girl had those metallic bags? It got so overbearing that most girls ended up throwing their bags away! So here is the skinny. No more part metallic or what not. Ladies... full on metallic bags are the hottest accessories this season. For example, this Louis Vuitton Speedy Miroir bag in silver. Asking price for this piece of lovely, $1,150. Ladies, im sure you find a way around that.

Check back next week for the next fashion tip! Always dress to look your best (Even if it's a pair of sweats and a tee)!