Sunday, October 08, 2006

Fashion Tip of the Week .46

Fashion Tip of the Week #46: I wrote a note to myself to discuss one of the breakout designers among the fall 2006 collections and I forgot to. So here is my shout out to one of the collections that I absolutely loved.

Peter Som is the designer I wanna discuss with you this week. Here are some of the things you have left to wear till end of January. I think his collection sums up what this season's trends are.

Here just take a look at some of the stuff that I loved.
Look 1
_ High rise pants with waist cinching buckle
Look 2
_ City shorts with subtle metallic threads and a subtle fur frock.
Look 3
_ Velvet skirt with a over-embellish print chiffon blouse
Look 4
_ Subtle usage of metallics. Round neck tops w/ pocketed a-line skirts (w/ minor roushing)
Look 5
_ The epitome of the warm-weather dressing. Cute aint it? Perfect for any body type. If you are tall then it will end up looking like a baby doll dress. If you have a wide waist, the long bow strand draws attention away front the waist and elogates your height. This dress is truly versatile.

Featured Item of the Week: So after defiant attitudes towards leggings, I concede and will finally suggest (with caution) leggings are okay to wear provided that you have "legs for days"! Meaning, leggings aren't really meant for girls with big thighs. Seriously dont do it. Instead, for girls who are a bit on the "lots more to love" side, I would recommend another product for you girls, Spanx. From what I hear from all of my girl friends, they work and are comfortable and affordable. So find them at your nearest department store.

Side note: I just want to say that I make no apologies for the comments that I make on here. We all know its true, except I point it out. I am anything but discriminatory and have friends of all sizes that I make suggestions to. To me, all body types are beautiful, but beautiful is also wearing the appropriate garments to fit your body-type.

Check back next week for the next fashion tip! Always dress to look your best (Even if it's a pair of sweats and a tee)!